Keep your testers relevant with training
In today’s fast-paced world, test automation skills are becoming mandatory. If you can’t automate, you’re becoming irrelevant.
Over the past 15 years the testing landscape has shifted almost entirely towards test automation, but the skills required for test automation lagged behind the curve. This meant there were still considerably fewer automation skills available and too many testers whose rudimentary automation skills needed updating.
Why is automation important?
- Software systems, web platforms and business applications have become increasingly complex. With more features added almost daily, and in many cases all this software is still being tested manually.
- Companies need massive teams to test large systems manually, which becomes unmanageable, and far too costly. As a result, they start de-scoping, only testing what is current, which lead to increased risk, and reputational damage once clients are exposed to system errors.
- Automation can alleviate the human cost of regression testing. It is far more efficient, to the point where automation tests can be run 24/7 and testing cycles become longer. We can test more, more often and quicker.
Why is training for automation necessary?
- Automation requires coding skills that manual testers generally lack. Automation training is designed to upskill your manual testers that lack these skills, using open-source Java and tools like Selenium.
- It is important for testers to learn every aspect of automation in detail, from knowing when, what and how to automate, and how to test the performance of their code under an estimated user load.
- To stay relevant to their companies, both testers and developers have to start showing proficiency in test automation and performance testing or risk being left behind. Never before has this need been more important, with the economy expected to struggle to recover from the Coronavirus crisis, competition will accelerate significantly and new skills will be in far greater demand.
The Inspired Testing Academy runs a comprehensive test automation programme that features:
- 15+ years' experience consolidated into mentorship and coaching.
- Mentoring and collaboration by technical specialists, sharing experience, knowledge, lessons learned and best practices.
- Practical, hands-on and relevant course material, helping companies keep up with technology innovation.